EDUCATIONAL TOUR REPORT TO THE COLLEGE OF FORESTRY, RANICHAURI, TEHRI GARHWAL, UTTARAKHAND
(09-05-2018 To 11-05-2018)
Report Submitted By – DEPARTMENT OF FORESTRY
This is three days educational tour report of Forestry students (IInd Semester) to the College of Forestry, Ranichauri, Tehri Garhwal, Uttarakhand and adjacent areas. The tour was organized by Dr. Yashwant Singh Rawat, Head, Department of Forestry and accompanied by associate faculty members Ms. Anju Rawat to supervise the students in their field based practicals and expertise. The tour was started at 07:30 AM from the college and arrived to Ranichauri at 02:00 PM on 09-05-2018. On the way, at 11:00 AM we reached at Ecological Park, where the In-charge of the Park had shown the park with given the knowledge on the history, importance and management practices of the park. The students had recorded the information about the park and the species they have preserved and maintained in the park. After lunch (15:30), the students were engaged in forestry forestry adventure.
The workshop and field based practicals was a training for Forestry students during their educational tour to the College of Forestry, Ranichauri, Tehri Garhwal, Uttarakhand and adjacent areas. In the workshop, experts have delivered a series of lecturers, hands-on experience on various instruments, tools, labs visits, post-harvesting management unit, and conducted a number of field based excursion visitis along with lectures. The field based excursion visit was on nurseries, soil and water conservation, ethanobotany, agrometeorology, medicianal and aromatic plants, wasteland development, arboratum, silviculture and agroforestry models, post harvest management and hydrological cycle as part of agroforestry. Additionally, study was undertaken on the forest compostion, ethanobotaical survey, distribution of the species, phenology, flora and fauna in the area. The students had hands-on experience with various forestry instruments and forestry learning in respective subjects that has enhanced their capacity, learning, scopes of forestry and knowledge on forestry. The educational tour was successfully completed and returned back to the college on 11-05-2018 at 20h:30.
The purpose of an educational tour, which was successfully completed with the following objectives:
- The students have hands-on experience and conducted various experiments on Forestry, nursery, soil and water conservation, hydrological cycle, Silvicultue and Agroforestry models in the field using various forestry instruments, tools and sampling methods to improve their skills and knowledge on it.
- It has improved their practical knowledge on forestry and abovementioned topics. Moreover, this educational tour has enhanced their theoretical and practical knowledge, interpersonal skills and improved their skills and knowledge to conduct the field practicals (as part of their course), data collection, observation and documentation.
- It has enhanced students’ skills and knowledge on medicinal and aromatic plants, ethanobotany, agrometeorology, seed collection, handling and processing.
- They have also advanced their knowledge on agroforestry systems, silviculture systems, arboretum, ecological park management, wildlife, forest ecology, forest composition, forest types, phenology and agroforesrtry practices.
- This educational tour has enhanced the practical and theoretical knowledge of students, which could be useful for their forestry career and future endeavor.
Report on EDUCATIONAL TOUR REPORT
Date of Activity:
- (09-05-2018 To 11-05-2018)
Submitted By :
- Dr. Yashwant Singh Rawat Head, Department of Forestry